Our Technology & Equipment
The infrastructure that we own is standing tall on approximately 14,000 square meters of factory space, including 4,000 square meter large manufacturing site. The facility is segregated into three major divisions designing, welding and machining. A lathe section is also maintained separately at our infrastructure space. The premise is backed with top class machines, tools, cranes and other necessary assets. We own a second factory, which was established in 2018. It is backed with 5 sided processing machines. It supports us in producing our range of Radioactive Material Mirror Finish Gloveboxes, Lead Shielding Gloveboxes, etc., in bulk. The facility is also installed with latest:
- Ultra-high accuracy wire-cut Electrical Discharge Machines MP2400 Mitsubishi Electric
- Double Column type Machining Center MPC-3680EII Toshiba
- Double Column type Machining Center MPE-2140 (BO) Toshiba
- Horizontal Boring & Milling Machine BTD-130H.R22 Toshiba
- Vertical NC Lathe TUD-20 Toshiba
- Vertical Machining Center MV65/50 Mori Seiki
- CNC CMM CRYSTA-Apex S163012 Mitutoyo
- CNC CMM CRYSTA-Apex S163012 Mitutoyo
- Movable Ram type Press HPFR-200VW Osaka Jack Co., Ltd.
Our company was formed in the year 1923 and after 17 years of successful working, we established a Tsuruta Second Iron Works center at Mito City (Japan) in August of 1940. Below mentioned are some highlights of our business journey:
- 1945: An unfortunate even occurred, our factories were burned to the ground during the air raid that befell Mito. However, we did not give up, and relocated our factory to Nakaminato City in the same year, and started operation, under the banner of Yoshida Iron Works.
- 1959: In this year Mr. Ken Yoshida became the representative Director of the company. Under his leadership, the name of our company was changed to Yoshida Iron Works Co., Ltd.
- 1961: We received a bulk order to produce gloveboxes for Power Reactor and Nuclear Fuel Development Corporation.
- 1965: We constructed a brand new factory at Tsunezumi Mura for large scale production of our array.
- 1966: Mr. Hisamitsu Yoshida took over the role of representative Director of the company.
- 1969: We proudly completed the construction of our new welding plant.
- 1970: At Shimodate City, we completed the construction of a new factory.
- 1976: Mr. Yoko Yoshida started working as the representative Director of the enterprise.
- 1980: Our Shimodate based factory separated from our enterprise, and became a distinct corporation.
- 1992: We renamed our company to Yoshida Inc.
- 1993: We completed the construction of a new plant as well as its office.
- 2009: We established a new assembly plant in Mito City.
- 2018: A second factory was constructed.
R&D On Gloveboxes
With a focus to create innovative boxes, we have appointed a specialized R&D team. We constantly strive to improve our range of Lead Shielding Gloveboxes, Radioactive Material Mirror Finish Gloveboxes, etc. Owing to hard work, we were selected by Ministry of Economy for their program named, Trade & Industry Fiscal (2018) Strategic Core Technology Advancement & Partnership Support Program. This was done to support our development of next generation Gloveboxes which will be even better than our current range. They will be equipped with self cleaning mechanism. The company is focused on the development of these boxes along with assuring an improvisation in the capabilities of reducing the oxygen as well as moisture contamination prevention. We are also aiming to develop a unique method to control the substances adhered in the boxes. Further, installation of an automatic inner wall is also being planned. To educate our team further about the development options, Mr. Dan (CEO of PolarTech) had paid a visit from Denmark.
Strengths of Yoshida Inc.!
Our factory based at Monozukuri as well as our professional team are the biggest strengths of our company. Both equally support our company in manufacturing a durable and reliable range for clients. Our team members work in three major divisions of our factory to benefit our clients. They are as follows:
- Design Center: Here a skilled team of experts works to design a reliable assortment using Auto CAD, SolidWorks and many other software. The designing team focuses on coming up with detailed ideas, keeping market trends, latest technology and demands of the customers in mind.
- Machining Center: The biggest strength of our company is our first factory which is backed with a skilled machining team. The assets of this factory includes a 5 ton crane. Further, to meet customers bulk requirements with perfection, we opened a second factory which is supported by a 30 ton crane and many other reliable equipment. This unit supports us in producing a range that fits expectations of clients perfectly.
- Welding Center: Our reliable quality assurance and TIG welding technology are also the major strengths of our company. Through the help of the same, we cultivate great products for nuclear, renewable energy, pharmaceutical and many other industries. Every single activity in the welding center is carried out in a standardized manner by our well trained team.